USA PREPS TOURNAMENT RULES
The tournament will follow current ASA rules in addition to the following rules.
If there is a conflict, USA Preps rules, staff, and umpires will take precedence:
1) GAME TIMES - All games will be no new inning after 1:20, inning at the time of 1:20 will be played to completion. Games may end in a tie.
2) RUN RULE - The run rule is in effect for all games and will be as follows: 15 runs after 3 complete innings; 10 runs after 4 complete innings;
8 runs after 5 complete innings.
3) HOME TEAM - A coin flip will determine HOME TEAM for all POOL PLAY games.
4) TIES - Games may end in a tie.
5) Lineups - Line ups must be turned in during pre-game meeting with umpires prior to each game. You must adhere to your batting lineup each game.
6) Substitutions - No Free Offensive Substitutions. Teams may utilize defensive substitutions at their discretion.
7) Batting Order - Teams either bat 9, DP/Flex, or entire line-up.
8) Courtesy Runner - Pitchers and catchers may have a courtesy runner. If batting 9, team must use a player not in the game to run. If batting entire line-up, team must use the last recorded out. Any runners utilized for players other than the pitcher or catcher must be done as a substitution. If the batting entire line-up, team may not use a runner for a player other than the pitcher or catcher.
9) PROTESTS - If a coach decides to protest a call, they must follow the following procedure:
a) Declare to the plate umpire they are making a formal protest of the call. The game halts and the clock stops until the protest is decided
upon by the UIC. The protest must take place before the next pitch is thrown. All decisions by the UIC are final and not debatable.
b) They must pay $80 in cash at the time of the protest. If they win the protest, they receive the money back. If they lose the protest,
they forfeit the $80.
USA PREPS TOURNAMENT ROSTER RULES
1) An Official USA Preps Roster with the appropriate signatures must be turned in prior to your first pool play game.
2) For Qualifiers, Players may not be added after your first game is started. For Nationals, Players may not be added.
3) Copies of birth certificates or ASA player cards must be available for each player in the event of an age protest.
4) The Roster Wavier must be turned in with roster insurance and birth certificates at check-in.
TIE BREAKER RULES
In the event of ties at the end of Pool Play, ties will be broken using the following rules:
1) Win - Loss Record
2) Head to Head (Does not apply if more than two teams are tied and the result would cause a team to jump over teams with less runs allowed but they have not played them)
3) Least runs allowed
4) Most runs scored
5) Coin Flip